Wednesday, February 25, 2009

dear r: just a phase

dear r: just a phase


dear r:

do you want to know
what it was like when i left you?

at first it was way too quiet and
i did nothing but read and write
and i spent most of my time
falling down stairs of words
but this was just a phase

there was mourning, there was grief
there was pain and i told the moon
or whomever would listen to just
leave me alone but
this was just a phase

do you want me to say i was
bleeding on the bathroom floor?
do you want me to say i was
holes and dents in furniture?
do you want me to say i was
just evaporating ?

i am not where i belong but
i will get over this wreckage
its just a phase


JANEisnotplain 2.09

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dear E:

You still don't get it, do you?
I want you to be happy.
That's why I set you free.
I want to be happy too.
And I am.

Happiness is available to every [thing and] one.

I want to know you're dancing across your bathroom floor
As you make your way to your studio of culinary arts.

I want to hear you say you are evaporating and transforming into something lighter.

I want to know you are comfy as a big red leather couch.
That your upholstery is strong and pliable and that nothing can tear or cut you up.

I want to know that you chose to walk up to a higher floor of well being
And not down to where you can bleed from cuts that your sharp words make.
You know that with simple words you can feel so much better.
If you decide to take responsibility.
Sobering?

You are where you belong.
We all are, at all times.
And how magnificent that it is by our choice of thought
whether we see a wreckage or a sprout.

We all have many phases in our lives.
If we are blessed, we will continue to have more.
It was wonderful when we were in phase with each other!

Yes, you were a phase too.
It was certainly wonderful one.
And I thank you for it.